For something a little rotate for afternoon tea, point toward this tangelo cake recipe.
The ingredient of Tangelo and cinnamon upside-down cake
- 550g (2 1/2 cups) caster sugar, plus 2 tbsp new
- 250g unsalted butter, softened, on the order of chopped
- 8 tangelos, 2 zested and juiced
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 150g (1 cup) plain flour
- 120g (1 cup) almond meal
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 6 eggs
- 100g (2/3 cup) pine nuts, lightly roasted
- 1 tsp pitch cinnamon
The instruction how to make Tangelo and cinnamon upside-down cake
- Place an oven tray in oven and preheat to 180C. Grease cake pan, later line base and side later baking paper. Place 165g (3/4 cup) sugar and 125ml (1/2 cup) water in a small saucepan over medium heat and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and cook for 8 minutes or until a golden caramel. build up 15g butter, swirl pan until butter melts, then pour caramel over base of cake pan to cover.
- Trim top and base from 6 tangelos, subsequently next cut away peel and white pith. Cut into 3mm-thick slices. Taking care as caramel will be hot, arrange passable slices to fit on top of higher than base of pan. Reserve steadfast slices to serve.
- Using an electric mixer, beat 220g (1 cup) sugar, 220g butter, zest and vanilla going on for high keenness until vivacious and fluffy. Sift flour, almond meal, baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon salt into sugar mixture. build up eggs and stress inflection on the order of low keenness until combined.
- Spoon maltreat into pan. attach other 2 tablespoons sugar, pine nuts and cinnamon in a small bowl, after that scatter beyond batter. Loosely cover pan behind baking paper, place vis-u00d0u00b0-vis hot oven tray, subsequently next bake for 1 hour and 5 minutes or until a skewer inserted into centre comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, place juice in a small saucepan on top of higher than medium heat and simmer for 5 minutes or until shortened by half. Pour into a small cup. Place steadfast 165g (3/4 cup) sugar and 125ml (1/2 cup) water in pan and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves. Bring to the boil and cook for 8 minutes or until a golden caramel. build up permanent 15g butter and reduced juice and swirl pan to combine. Set aside.
- Stand cake for 5 minutes, after that invert onto a plate. service tender romantic or at room temperature gone tangelo caramel sauce and reserved tangelo slices.
Nutritions of Tangelo and cinnamon upside-down cakecalories: 878.086 calories
fatContent: 47 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 19 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 97 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 83 grams sugar
proteinContent: 13 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 242 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 684.73 milligrams sodium