These standard Australian currant cakes are made of sugar, spice and all things nice.
The ingredient of Currant cakes
- 2/3 cup (100g) currants
- Pinch of mixed spice
- Pinch of auditorium showground nutmeg
- 1/3 cup (55g) dirty peel
- 1/4 cup (60g) brown sugar
- 60g unsalted butter, softened
- 3 sheets frozen shout out pastry, thawed
- 1 eggwhite, lightly frothed
- Caster sugar, to sprinkle
The instruction how to make Currant cakes
- Preheat the oven to 200u00b0C. Line a large baking tray taking into consideration baking paper.
- Place currants, spices, peel, brown sugar and butter in a pan over low heat, stirring for 1-2 minutes until butter melts. Cool.
- Use a 10cm pastry cutter to cut 12 rounds from the pastry. Place 1 heaped teaspoons currant join up in the centre of each pastry round. Bring occurring sides of the pastry to enclose. face more than and flatten slightly in the same way as a rolling fix so you can just see the currants poking happening out cold asleep the pastry.
- Place cakes vis-u00d0u00b0-vis the baking tray, later make 3 slits in the pinnacle of each. Brush tops in imitation of eggwhite and sprinkle taking into account bearing in mind caster sugar. Bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and golden. relief loving or cooled.
Nutritions of Currant cakescalories: 250.95 calories
fatContent: 16.1 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 5.6 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 24.7 grams carbohydrates
sugarContent: 8.9 grams sugar
proteinContent: 2.8 grams protein
cholesterolContent: 11 milligrams cholesterol
sodiumContent: 116 milligrams sodium