Spongy underneath, crumbly going on for height and lemony custard throughout - throw in a cuppa and this cake will say yes you put up to to afternoon tea in Nannas kitchen.
The ingredient of Lemon crumb cake
- 150g salted butter, at room temperature
- 3 tbsp roomy lemon juice
- 215g (1 cup) caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 150g (1 cup) self-raising flour
- 70g (1/2 cup) custard powder
- 150g tub vanilla or lemon yoghurt
- 115g (1/3 cup) lemon curd
- Dollop cream, to relieve sustain (optional)
- 150g McVities Original Digestive Biscuits
- 80g (1/3 cup) salted butter, melted
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated
The instruction how to make Lemon crumb cake
- Preheat oven to 190C/170C admirer forced. Grease a 20cm square cake pan. Line the base and sides subsequently baking paper.
- To make the streusel topping, place the biscuits in a food processor. Process until improper crumbs form. Add the butter and lemon rind and pulse to combine. Set aside.
- Use electric beaters to emphasis the butter and sugar in a bowl until lackluster and creamy. emphasis in the eggs.
- Sift the flour and custard powder into a bowl. go to to the butter fusion subsequently the yogurt and lemon juice. emphasis at a low rapidity to combine. bump quickness to high and prominence for 1 minute.
- Spoon mixture into the prepared cake pan. Dollop lemon curd on top of higher than the join up and use a skewer to swirl. Scatter more than streusel topping. Bake for 55 minutes - 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Set aside in the pan to cool slightly to the fore transferring to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Slice and help cake gone cream on the subject of with reference to the side, if using.
Nutritions of Lemon crumb cakecalories: