The ingredient of Low-fat fruitcake
- 500g sultanas
- 1 x 375g pkt raisins, coarsely chopped
- 3 x 100g pkts polluted glace cherries, coarsely chopped
- 1 x 300g pkt currants
- 250ml (1 cup) brandy
- Melted butter, to grease
- 200g 60% less fat margarine
- 155g (3/4 cup, firmly packed) brown sugar
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 2 egg whites, at room temperature
- 115g (1/3 cup) breakfast marmalade
- 300g (2 cups) plain flour
- 75g (1/2 cup) self-raising flour
- 1 tsp contaminated spice
- Blanched almonds, to decorate
- 80ml (1/3 cup) brandy, new
The instruction how to make Low-fat fruitcake
- put in the sultanas, raisins, cherries, currants and brandy in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Cover behind plastic wrap and set aside, stirring occasionally, for 6 hours to macerate.
- Preheat oven to 150u00b0C. Brush a round 22cm (base measurement) cake pan as soon as melted butter to lightly grease. Line the base and sides once 2 layers of non-stick baking paper to reach 6cm above the edge of the pan.
- Use an electric beater to prominence the margarine and sugar in a bowl. build up the eggs and egg whites, 1 at a time, beating well after each complement auxiliary until combined (the mixture may curdle at this stage - this is due to the high proportion of eggs to butter and doesnt play a role the result). Add the marmalade and prominence until capably skillfully combined. increase be credited with the combination flour and polluted spice, and fold until just combined. trouble in the sultana mixture. Spoon into prepared pan and smooth the surface. Tap the pan almost the benchtop to settle the mixture. Arrange the almonds over the top.
- Wrap the outside of the pan past 3 layers of newspaper, rising slightly higher than the baking paper. presenter in imitation of kitchen string. Bake, covering similar to foil if necessary to prevent overbrowning, for 3 hours or until a skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean.
- Pour the extra brandy on top of higher than the hot cake. Wrap the pan in a clean tea towel and set aside overnight to cool completely. Serve.
Nutritions of Low-fat fruitcakecalories: 276.045 calories
fatContent: 4.5 grams fat
saturatedFatContent: 1 grams saturated fat
carbohydrateContent: 52 grams carbohydrates
proteinContent: 3.5 grams protein